Ilocos Norte: Madongan Dam

by - May 22, 2016



A few days (12/30/2015) before 2015 ended, my cousins and I took a short trip to Marcos to witness this man-made falls that my neighbors were all talking about. Everyone who told us about this place said "nagpintas" (ang ganda/maganda) so we had to see it. And it was just an hour away from our hometown, Batac. I actually visited this place 4 years ago for my high school batchmate's graduation party but it didn't look as beautiful as it did today. 


We got lost. We had to ask 3 persons because my cousin's friend (I think he's my second cousin but I don't really know) wasn't familiar with the place. I think this photo was taken while they were asking the 3rd person for directions. 



Four years ago, they haven't developed the place. Presently, they put up cottages that can be rented for Php 500. Tip: You can bargain your way to a lower price if you want and if you're good at it, they might give you a discount. We only stayed for an hour or less so we didn't rent one. 


Basuraan* / translation: may basurahan po, 'wag niyong ikalat


Candid shots of my cousins 



You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi, I'm planning to visit Ilocos soon (driving), hope you could suggest a good itinerary for Ilocos Norte. After Vigan, we'll head to Laoag, I have no idea where to stop first, we plan to visit Malacanan of the North/Paoay Church, Marcos Museum, Sand dunes (4x4) and Madongan Dam. I want to know the efficient order, what to visit first, etc. TIA! :)

    ReplyDelete