Ilocos Norte: Adams and Pagudpud

by - January 08, 2015


I was born in Ilocos and I've been living here since then except for school days (I study in Baguio) but I've never toured the whole province especially the northern towns except for Pagudpud and Bangui as these towns are both famous tourist spots during school trips and such. I was fortunately allowed to tag along in a trip/vacation of two research groups that were focused on taxonomy. So before the semester started, we took a 3-day4 including the travel timetrip to Adams and Pagudpud. My companions were from Baguio so they had to endure 9-hours of bus ride to Laoag and another 3 hours to reach Adams. We stayed at Ilyn's Homeyplace which I think is the only residence that offers a place to stay. 

Day 1

It was already dark when we arrived so we weren't aware of the view that would greet us a good morning the next day. 


After breakfast and all the preparation, we went for a hike for the groups to collect their research specimen. I'm not the fittest but luckily, I was used to stairs and walking that I survived just fine. Instead of a sore legs, I got cuts and bruises. I was scared that there might be snakes and I would get bitten but we didn't encounter any animal except for insects. It made me love my major more. Such rich flora.

On our way back, we stopped at a house that was selling ice candies and we saw the mayor. Their promoter is related to the mayor so they talked a little bit and we got invited to the mayor's daughter's birthday party. Haha. At first, we were worried that we're under-dressed but when we got to the house, everyone (as in all the residents) we invited and some were even wearing their pjs so it was all okay.


We also went for a swim in the river after eating lunch because why not? It was clean and cool and we're on vacation so we thought 'since we're here, let's just do everything'. 
Day 2

On our next day, we went to Anuplig Falls, a two-hour hike from the town but it was all worth it because it was a freaking paradise. The water was ice-cold and I even drank it (before anyone could get into the water okay because that's just gross haha). We stayed for an hour or something before heading back because it might rain and our way would be slippery (thus dangerous).


It was already planned beforehand that we'll spend a night in Pagudpud since it's not often that they're here in Ilocos so after packing all our stuff and resting for a bit, we went to Pagudpud. None of us can afford Hannah's so we decided to stay in another homestay. It was P1000/night but it can house 10-12 people.

Day 3

Even though some of us slept late, we all woke up really early to watch the sunrise but unfortunately, it was cloudy to see the sun. We had breakfast by the beach and afterwhich, we decided to head back to Laoag. Originally, it was planned that we'll take a tricycle to the main road and wait for a bus but the house we stayed at also offers a van to rent for P1000. The driver was kind enough to show us some tourist destinations like the Bangui windmills. I wanted to stop at Pasuquin for their famous biscocho but everyone was already exhausted that I didn't say anything (i was a bit shy to say something, too. lol).

You May Also Like

0 comments